Do you love Rapunzel and your American Girl Dolls? Learn how to make this awesome Tangled inspired braid and floral crown!
Try this craft at your next Tangled party or American Girl Doll inspired party!
- thick yellow yarn
- small faux flowers (we bought these awesome little flowers from the wedding section at JoAnn Fabrics because they have wire on them and the kids can easily tie them onto the braid)
- hair tie (you can buy a big pack from Dollar Tree or WalMart for pretty cheap)
- scotch tape
- For floral crown you need two pipe cleaners twisted together and more flowers
- Start by cutting 6 long strips of the yellow yarn about a foot long.
- Tie the yarn at the top to the hair tie.
- Tape the braid down to a table to make it easier to braid. You can tape the hair tie so that the yarn will not get messed up.
- Start to braid! Instead of one strand each we used two stands (because there are 6 pieces of yarn).
- Embellish with the flowers!
Cupcakes and Lace offers unique and original Sewing, 18” Doll & Craft Kits, Patch Kits, Sewing, Crafting, Doll Workshops, Badge Workshops for Girl Scouts, Adult Sip & Sew Classes, and Birthday and Special Event Parties.