DIY Tangled Rapunzel Inspired Lantern: Disney Kids Craft
Here in Aldie, Virginia we have a weekly American Girl Doll Crafting Class (after school class!) at a local school! The theme is Disney and this week was Tangled Rapunzel.
The girls LOVED making the Rapunzel braid and floral crown as well as this light up lantern!
Check out our tutorial below to make your own Tangled inspired lantern! This is great for a Tangled party or any little girl that loves Disney! Hey it also make a great lantern for your American Girl Doll!
- one sheet of cardstock/scrapbook paper (we used a Tangled sheet we found from JoAnn Fabrics)
- scotch tape
- one tea light battery operated candle (we used glitter gold and got them on Amazon but you can get these atDollar Tree too)
- glitter gold sticky craft foam/stickers/paint/markers (optional: used to embellish)
- Start by folding your paper in half ‘hot dog style’!
- Starting at the fold line crease, use the scissors to fringe (cut one inch size slits) into the paper. BE CAREFUL not to cut all the way down. You need to leave a few inches on the bottom of the sheet.
- Roll the paper into a cylinder shape and tape it together.
- Decorate! We made the gold sun by using sticky foam.
- Turn on your light and stick it underneath your lantern. Try it in a dark space so you can really see it light up!
Cupcakes and Lace offers unique and original Sewing, 18” Doll & Craft Kits, Patch Kits, Sewing, Crafting, Doll Workshops, Badge Workshops for Girl Scouts, Adult Sip & Sew Classes, and Birthday and Special Event Parties.