Mini Star Wars R2D2 Kids Sewing Plushie Craft: Perfect AG Doll Size too!
If you love Star Wars you will enjoy our mini R2D2 mini plushie!
Just a few supplies and you can make your own. This also make a perfect R2D2 size for your American Girl Doll!
- white felt (one piece cut about 16 inches long by 5 inches wide)
- white felt for arms etc. (sizes vary depending on how you create it!)
- fabric markers
- one Styrofoam cup
- white thread and needle (for hand sewing the plushie)
- poly fiber fill
- glue gun with adult help
Lets Make It!
- Fold your long piece of fabric together hamburger style.
- Start by sewing the two long sides of the fabric. You can do a whip stitch or a running stitch.
- Once the two long sides are sewn up use the poly fiber fil to stuff your R2D2.
- Cut your cup so you only have the bottom part. Using the top of the Styrofoam cup with adult help hot glue it onto the top (over top of the poly fiber fil. This is R2D2’s head.
- Using more white felt cut out desired arms etc. With adult help and glue gun attach all the pieces you want.
- Use the fabric markers to decorate and create all his buttons!
Cupcakes and Lace offers unique and original Sewing, 18” Doll & Craft Kits, Patch Kits, Sewing, Crafting, Doll Workshops, Badge Workshops for Girl Scouts, Adult Sip & Sew Classes, and Birthday and Special Event Parties.