Kids Sewing Project Idea: Cute Monster Babies & Mini Baby Carriages-Dollar Tree Craft
In one of our recent after school sewing classes here in Aldie, Virginia we taught the girls how to make mini monster babies!
This is a fun project to make with your little sewer or at your child’s next birthday party! The best part about this craft is how inexpensive it is! Most of these supplies are from Dollar Tree. Most Dollar Trees even sell felt packs and googley eyes…so you could most likely get all of the supplies from the store.
- small piece of felt (our babies are each about 3 inches long)
- mini carriages (we found this in a 3 pack from Dollar Tree!)
- mini bottles and rocking horses (pack of about 12-18 from Dollar Tree)
- needle and thread
- tacky glue or hot glue with adult help
- googley eyes and assorted embellishments (felt, yarn etc.)
Lets Make It!
- Start by cutting your felt into the desired size and shape. We made ours about 3 inches long and 2 inches wide.
- Hand sew with needle and thread around the edge of your monster.
- Now time to use your imagination and decorate your baby! Use felt scraps, googley eyes, yarn etc. to make a baby boy and girl! Or two twins! Use tacky glue or hot glue with adult help to glue your embellishments.
- We gave the girls fleece scraps to use for blankets and pillows.
Cupcakes and Lace offers unique and original Sewing, 18” Doll & Craft Kits, Patch Kits, Sewing, Crafting, Doll Workshops, Badge Workshops for Girl Scouts, Adult Sip & Sew Classes, and Birthday and Special Event Parties.