Simple Meals Junior Girl Scout Badge Cooking Idea: Easy Egg Cups! Kids Cooking Idea!
In one of our recent Girl Scout badge summer camps here in Chantilly, Virginia we helped the Junior girls earn their Simple Meals Badge.
Cupcakes and Lace Easy Egg Cups Supplies:
- Eggs of course!
- cupcake pan
- cooking spray
- veggies (we used peppers and onions)
- shredded cheese
- salt and pepper
- small bowls or cups to mix eggs in individually
- toothpicks (if you are making these with a big group have them choose a different color)
How to Make:
- Depending on the age of your girls you can have them help chop and/or fry the onions and peppers or prepare ahead of time. We prepared them ahead of time as our girls were only rising 4th graders.
- Spray the cupcake pan with cooking spray. Make sure to put enough in there to coat it or the eggs with stick!
- We gave each girl one egg, small cup and a fork. Have them crack an egg inside the cup and wisk with the fork.
- Have them pour the egg into one cupcake holder in the pan.
- Add in some peppers, onions and cheese and gently stir.
- Add some salt and pepper.
- If cooking with a big group have them pick a different color toothpick and stick that inside their egg so you know who is who.
- Bake at about 375-400 degrees for 10-15 minutes depending on your oven. We started out at a low temp or 350 and that wasn’t working so we raised it to 400. We were using older ovens so the temp and time may vary. Keep an eye on them!
- Enjoy! As you can see from our picture they may not look the prettiest but the girls loved the taste. It was a fun and easy cooking project!