American Girl Doll Craft Tutorial: Mini Campfire
Camping season is finally here and we have a great American Girl Doll or Teddy Bear sized craft for you!
See below to make a mini fire pit for your favorite doll or stuffed animal…or just for fun! You only need a few supplies.
Cupcakes and Lace Mini Fire Pit Supplies:
- Small piece of cardboard or card stock paper for the base of the fire
- small rocks (can buy these at Dollar Tree) or find a local creek or stream!
- yellow, orange, and/or red tissue paper or regular paper
- tacky glue
- Popsicle sticks
- Start by cutting your base for the fire pit. We use a small piece of cardboard cut. You can also use card stock or thick paper.
- Next glue your rocks to your base- in a circle. Make sure to leave room for your flames and logs in the center!
- Use scissors or tear with your fingers to create logs and flames. You don’t need to much tissue paper for this. We laid 4 small square pieces of tissue in a stack-one on top of the other. Then (see picture to the right) twisted the bottom right in the center to create a flame shape.
- Put some glue on the base in the center of the circle. Glue down your logs and flames.
- Now check out our post to learn how to craft mini smores for your dolls fire pit!
- Also check out this post on how to make the doll tent you see in the photo!
P.S. Do you love making mini items for your doll? You will LOVE our 18” Doll Party Crafting Kit!
Cupcakes and Lace offers unique and original Sewing, 18” Doll & Craft Kits, Patch Kits, Sewing, Crafting, Doll Workshops, Badge Workshops for Girl Scouts and Birthday and Special Event Parties.