DIY Kids Craft: Disney Moana Flower Crown Headband
Pretty much every girl we come across loves Disney’s Moana! We wanted to share this super fun Moana inspired headband we made at a recent Moana summer camp here in Northern Virginia.
- Fake flowers (craft store or Dollar Tree!)
- Green card stock or thick paper (half sheet)
- scotch tape or duck tape
- hot glue (with adult help)
- flower cutters
- 1 sheet of green felt
- Start by folding your card stock paper in half hot dog style. Cut on the fold line. (You only need half a sheet.) Then fold your paper again and cut on the fold. Now you have two skinny even pieces.
- Tape the two pieces together to form a long rectangle. Form into a circle and measure on your head. Once you have the right size tape the ends together.
- Next cut your leaves out of the felt. You will need one sheet of felt square. You can pre-cut a leaf shape pattern out of poster board for the kids ahead of time. Then have them trace with pens and cut out the leaves. We fringed the edges once they were all cut.
- Using wire/flower cutters cut a few hibiscus or red flowers and some of the leaves from the flowers.
- Now is hot glue time! With adult help start to hot glue the leaves onto your card stock headband. Then hot glue the flowers on. Voila!
Cupcakes and Lace offers unique and original Sewing, 18” Doll & Craft Kits, Patch Kits, Sewing, Crafting, Doll Workshops, Badge Workshops for Girl Scouts, Adult Sip & Sew Classes, and Birthday and Special Event Parties.