Singer Stylist 7258 Sewing Machine Review: Sewing Machine For Kids & Adults
We recently bought a bunch of new sewing machine for our sewing studio here in Aldie, Virginia and the Singer Stylist 7258 is our new favorite!
For my personal sewing I love my Bernina I bought about 15 years ago, as well as my Grandmas Singer Featherweight from about 60 years ago!
But for beginner sewers (and even intermediate and advanced sewers!) this gem sews wonderfully!
To be honest there are many newer Singers that are just not made the way they used to be years ago. When I discovered this Singer on Amazon, I was pleasantly surprised. It exceeded my expectations. It is great for kids especially with the first feature I listed below, and it is great for a seasoned sewer too.
There are several things I love about this machine:
- #1 favorite feature: speed setting…this is rare on affordable machines but this Singer has the option to make the speed very slow or fast. This is awesome to have when teaching kids to sew because you want to start them off slow. Then when we have our adult classes we can switch the speed to a little faster. Love this feature!
- can sew through thick fabrics and knits: we have used this for thick denim, knits, layers of fleece, canvas etc. and there haven’t been any problems. Sews so smooth.
- 100 built in stitches: now if you are a beginner or a kiddo you may not be using all these fancy stitches but this machine has the ability to create many beautiful stitches, and buttons holes. The girls really enjoy using scrap fabrics to try out the different stitches!
- automatic tension button!
- programming needle up/down: depending on what you are sewing this is very handy!
- automatic thread cutter: saves you the step of using scissors every time you end a stitch
- backstitch button: obviously this is needed!
- helpful numbers/arrows listed on the machine to help you thread the machine quickly
P.S. If you are looking for a cheaper machine for a new beginner kiddo we still LOVE and recommend (especially for kids on the younger side) the Janome Sew Mini’s (only about $50-$80!). Check out our previous post on this machine.
Cupcakes and Lace offers unique and original Sewing, 18” Doll & Craft Kits, Patch Kits, Sewing, Crafting, Doll Workshops, Badge Workshops for Girl Scouts, Adult Sip & Sew Classes, and Birthday and Special Event Parties.