18” Doll Winter Picnic Craft- Pie, Hot Cocoa and More!
Just because its winter time doesn’t mean you can’t have a picnic for you and your doll!
At one of our after school 18” doll accessory classes in Northern Virginia, we showed the girls how to craft up some really cute picnic foods. We found adorable mini wooden picnic baskets from the craft store and then our imagination ran wild from that point on! We made mini blueberry pies, hot chocolate, sandwich and donuts. Want to learn how to make the mini pie for your 18” or American Girl doll?
Cupcakes and Lace Mini Pie Supplies:
- Mini pie tray (We found these white liners from the baking section of the craft store. You can also use tin ash trays that are shaped in a circle and found at the party store in packs.)
- Blue pony beads
- Cotton balls
- Tan felt, foam or paper
- Place beads in pie liner so there is an even layer covering the pan. You can fill it higher if you like!
- Cute tan felt in thin strips and create the “lattice” crust. You can even take the pie tray and trace a circle on the felt. Cut that out. Now you can cut that circle into strips and you will have the exact size strips to fit the pie pan.
- Glue tan strips across pie pan.
- Glue cotton balls on top for whip cream.