Craft A Beach Scene For Your AG Doll Or Teddy Bear! Using Real Sand!
You can make this for your American Girl doll, teddy bear or stuffed animal and use it when you make the Beach Lounge Chair.
- Blue poster board (one sheet per girl)
- shells (you can purchase the shells and small bags of sand at the Dollar Tree or Michaels)
- markers, paint and/or construction paper to create beach creatures, fish, waves and more
- glue (we use dixie cups and made decoupage using a little tacky glue mixed with a few drops of water-then have them use a paintbrush)
- We gave each girl one sheet of blue poster board.
- Each girl had their own cup of the glue and a thick paintbrush. We had them paint the glue for the sand. Then in the grass using a big box we dumped the sand into the box. Using paper cups have them sift some sand onto the glue area. Then dump the renaming sand back into the box.
- Repeat step 2-3 until you have reached your desired sand effect.
- After we had the sand dry for a little while the girls used paint, markers and paper to create waves, sun, crabs, fish and more!