DIY Girl Scout Jeweler Junior Badge Craft: Recycled Sewing Thread Spool & Button Necklace
If you are a Junior Girl Scout troop working on your Jeweler Junior badge we have a great activity for you! This cool thread spool necklace is also a great way to recycled thread spool and use buttons in a unique way! Plus it is pretty inexpensive and not messy.
- buttons! any colors and sizes
- thread spool any size and color
- washi tape
- necklace string (make sure it is thin enough to fit through the button holes)
- First we decorated our thread spools with washi tape. We used 3 different kinds and wrapped it around the middle of the spool. You can get a pack of washi tape from the craft store.
- Put your thread spool on your jewelry string.
- Next string your buttons on! Put them through both holes or just one hole for a different look. Use as many as you want to create the look you like. Sew fun!
Cupcakes and Lace offers unique and original Sewing, 18” Doll & Craft Kits, Patch Kits, Sewing, Crafting, Doll Workshops, Badge Workshops for Girl Scouts, Adult Sip & Sew Classes, and Birthday and Special Event Parties.