DIY Terrarium Craft For Kids: Project Idea for Girl Scout Junior Gardener Badge
In one of our recent summer camps for girls here in Aldie, Virginia the Junior Girl Scouts earned their Gardener badge by completing several fun outdoor projects and sewing gardening themed items too!
Our DIY Kids Terrarium Craft is awesome for a birthday party, project idea when earning the Gardener GS Junior badge, or just a fun summer activity to do with the kiddos.
We got most of the supplies from the Dollar Tree and Michaels (so it is pretty inexpensive to do!). Grab a few trays like the ones we have in the pictures (and plastic spoons) and the kiddos will love it!
Cupcakes and Lace Kiddo Terrarium Craft Supplies:
- glass container or jar (we found these awesome glass containers for $1 at Dollar Tree….much cheaper than craft store)
- assorted moss
- small colored rocks
- metallic gold rocks or assorted rocks (you can always pre spray paint them yourself or have the kids paint them with washable paint for added fun)
- plastic animal figurines (we used dinos!)
- plastic trays and plastic spoons
Cupcakes and Lace Kiddo Terrarium Craft Directions:
- Start by having the supplies out on the trays along with spoons for the kids. This make it an easier clean up ans also more fun for them to see all the supplies. We chose to do this activity outside as it was super messy with the moss and sand etc. We also pre-made a sample to give the girls some inspiration.
- Lets the kiddos use their imagination to create the different layers for their terrarium! Explain to them a little
goes a long way…! =)
Cupcakes and Lace offers unique and original Sewing, 18” Doll & Craft Kits, Patch Kits, Sewing, Crafting, Doll Workshops, Badge Workshops for Girl Scouts, Adult Sip & Sew Classes, and Birthday and Special Event Parties.