DIY Girls Rainbow Neon Jewelry: Girl Scout Junior Jeweler Badge Idea!
In one of our recent summer camps in Northern Virginia we made these neat yarn necklaces. Take a look below to make one for yourself.
- Metal jewelry chain or you can just use yarn! (You can find the metal chains at the craft store, Walmart or Joann Fabrics.)
- Yarn or bakers twine (about 2-3 feet)
- wooden jewelry ring or something round and small similar to what we used in the photos
- To make the neon wooden beads see our previous post here
How to make it:
- Cut a really long piece of yarn or bakers twine (about 2-3 feet).
- Start by tying the yarn around the wooden ring so that it is secure (or use hot glue with adult help).
- Wrap that yarn really tight around the whole ring as shown in the photo. When you get all the way around tie a tight knot or use hot glue to secure it.
- Check out our previous post on how to make the neon beads.
- String everything on your metal chain and enjoy!