DIY Girls Rainbow Neon Jewelry: Girl Scout Junior Jeweler Badge Idea!
Working on your Junior Girl Scout Jeweler Badge? Or just love making jewelry? We have an awesome DIY Jewelry idea for you!
In one of our recent summer camps in Northern Virginia we made these neat yarn necklaces. Take a look below to make one for yourself.
- Metal jewelry chain or you can just use yarn! (You can find the metal chains at the craft store, Walmart or Joann Fabrics.)
- Yarn or bakers twine (about 2-3 feet)
- wooden jewelry ring or something round and small similar to what we used in the photos
- To make the neon wooden beads see our previous post here
How to make it:
- Cut a really long piece of yarn or bakers twine (about 2-3 feet).
- Start by tying the yarn around the wooden ring so that it is secure (or use hot glue with adult help).
- Wrap that yarn really tight around the whole ring as shown in the photo. When you get all the way around tie a tight knot or use hot glue to secure it.
- Check out our previous post on how to make the neon beads.
- String everything on your metal chain and enjoy!
Cupcakes and Lace offers unique and original Sewing, 18” Doll & Craft Kits, Patch Kits, Sewing, Crafting, Doll Workshops, Badge Workshops for Girl Scouts and Birthday and Special Event Parties.