Kids Easter Spring Crafts: Mini Bunny House & Miniature Furniture Crafting Projects
We recently had a Mini Bunny Hutch Crafting Class at our studio here in Aldie, Virginia. We thought it would be fun to share this idea with others! This is great for spring and Easter themed parties, Girl Scout meetings or home school activities.
You can get really creative with this project and use just about anything! We went to Dollar Tree, World Market and OrientalTrading.com and scored a bunch of crafting goodies. Another idea is to integrate recycled materials into these projects (bottlecaps, vitamin boxes, makeup containers, mini cups, etc.) Recycled materials make great mini furniture.
- WHERE TO BUY BUNNIES: We bought a big bag from Oriental Trading. Dollar Tree also has some for $1 each. And they also have these smaller cute glitter bunnies as seen in the picture too.
- WHERE TO BUY BUNNY HUTCHES: Coco Liners from Dollar Tree or WalMart
- Egg cartons make great bunny gardens.
- Easter eggs make the best supply for this project! Most stores sell them for cheap in bulk.
- Grab a glue gun to help the kiddos with the harder to glue projects!
- Pre-glue a “floor” on the base of the bunny hutches to give them a better space to craft on. We used craft foam and cut a big egg shape.
- Add in paper scraps, tissue paper, pom poms etc. for even more supplies! We also used paper, scissors and markers to make windows and doors on the hutch.
- Check the spring Easter section of World Market-they have some fun little birds nests that make great bunny bowls for mini foods like mini carrots(even go after Easter and save so much money for this project for next year!)
Here are the supply ideas:
- TONS of Easter eggs assorted (Dollar Tree has the coolest eggs…carrot shaped eggs, dino shaped eggs, glitter eggs! Also Oriental Trading has some good ones too!)
- mini birds nests
- cupcake liners
- nut cups, small cups
- pipe cleaners, pom poms, paper, craft foam
- scissors, glue, markers
- Popsicle sticks, wood shapes
- foam shapes
- Crayola Model Magic
- fabric scraps for little blankies
- Easter Egg dying cups
Cupcakes and Lace offers unique and original Sewing, 18” Doll & Craft Kits, Patch Kits, Sewing, Crafting, Doll Workshops, Badge Workshops for Girl Scouts, Adult Sip & Sew Classes, and Birthday and Special Event Parties.