Kids Sewing Project: Make Emoji Pillows
In last weeks After School Sewing Class here in Aldie, Virginia we taught the girls how to make Emoji pillows!
Here is some inspiration to make one of your own. The best part is you can really make this any size and any emotion!
- yellow cotton flannel, fleece or felt (our circle was about 12.5 by 12.5 inches)
- red, pink, black, white felt squares/scraps for the faces
- posterboard if you wish to pre-cut patterns for the kids (see photo)
- sewing supplies: pins, fabric scissors, sewing machine or needle/thread to hand sew the emoji pillow
- poly fiber fill
- hot glue gun (for gluing on faces) unless you wish to pre sew on the face before sewing the two yellow circle together
- Start by cutting out your circle with the yellow fabric. We used yellow cotton flannel and made our emoji about 12.5 by 12.5.
- Pin your two pieces right sides together and sew around the circle by leave about a 5 inch opening so you stuff it!
- Stuff your emoji pillow with poly fiber fill.
- Stitch up the opening.
- Time to create your emotion! Using the felt scraps (and patterns if you chose to do it that way) trace and cut our your face.
- With adult help hot glue your pieces on!
- You are done! Sew cute!
Cupcakes and Lace offers unique and original Sewing, 18” Doll & Craft Kits, Patch Kits, Sewing, Crafting, Doll Workshops, Badge Workshops for Girl Scouts, Adult Sip & Sew Classes, and Birthday and Special Event Parties.