Kids Sewing Project: Make Emoji Pillows
Here is some inspiration to make one of your own. The best part is you can really make this any size and any emotion!
- yellow cotton flannel, fleece or felt (our circle was about 12.5 by 12.5 inches)
- red, pink, black, white felt squares/scraps for the faces
- posterboard if you wish to pre-cut patterns for the kids (see photo)
- sewing supplies: pins, fabric scissors, sewing machine or needle/thread to hand sew the emoji pillow
- poly fiber fill
- hot glue gun (for gluing on faces) unless you wish to pre sew on the face before sewing the two yellow circle together
- Start by cutting out your circle with the yellow fabric. We used yellow cotton flannel and made our emoji about 12.5 by 12.5.
- Pin your two pieces right sides together and sew around the circle by leave about a 5 inch opening so you stuff it!
- Stuff your emoji pillow with poly fiber fill.
- Stitch up the opening.
- Time to create your emotion! Using the felt scraps (and patterns if you chose to do it that way) trace and cut our your face.
- With adult help hot glue your pieces on!
- You are done! Sew cute!
Cupcakes and Lace offers unique and original Sewing, 18” Doll & Craft Kits, Patch Kits, Sewing, Crafting, Doll Workshops, Badge Workshops for Girl Scouts, Adult Sip & Sew Classes, and Birthday and Special Event Parties.