American Girl 18” Doll Mini Play Food Craft: Make Valentine’s French Crepe Platter
We will show you to craft a mini pretend Valentines inspired crepe (which are kind of like thin pancakes!) platter complete with whip creme and berries on top. See below to make one for your 18” doll or teddy bear!
- Small doll size bowl/plate (we re-used a cleaned juice cap…or you can use a bottlecap or cut a circle plate out of paper or craft foam)
- small piece of tan felt or tan craft foam (about 4 by 4 inches)
- small piece of card stock paper for place mat (about 4 by 4 inches)
- small piece of card stock in another color for napkin (or cut a piece of a real paper napkin) about 2 by 2 inches
- one cotton ball or 2 white pom poms
- a few red pony beads for the berries
- tacky glue
How to Make:
- Start by cutting out your crepes! Cut two circles about 1-2 inches each with your scissors.
- Glue the crepes to your platter.
- Use some of the cotton ball and glue in the middle of each crepe for the whip creme. You can actually just peel two small pieces off the cotton ball.
- Glue some berries (red beads) on top of the whip cream.
- Next cut out your placemat. We use glitter cardstock and cut a piece about 3 by 3 inches.
- Now make your napkin. We cut a piece about 1.5 by 1.5 inches. Then we folded it in half to make a triangle shape napkin.
- You can find some valentines heart stickers like we have here for decoration. Set it all up for your doll to enjoy her breakfast in bed!
P.S. If you like this craft then you will love our 18” Doll Birthday Party Crafting Kit!