DIY AG Doll Craft: Disney Little Mermaid Ariel Fin American Girl Doll Outfit Part 1
Everyone loves Disney…especially Little Mermaid! Such a classic! Learn how to make this adorable Ariel inspired outfit for your American Girl Doll!
At one of our recent American Girl Doll camps in Chantilly, VA we had a fun week celebrating all things Disney…for our 18” dolls.
Check out the tutorial below to learn how to make the Ariel fin tail. Note that you can sew this OR with adult help hot glue.
What you will need:
- about a quarter yard of green fabric-we found this amazing fin looking fabric at JoAnn Fabrics but any green will work (You will need two pieces that measure about 16 inches long by 7 inches wide and two leaf shaped pieces about 5 inches long for the bottom of the fins)
- sewing machine, needle/thread or hot glue gun with adult help
- fabric scissors
- FOR THE SHELL BIKINI TUTORIAL CLICK HERE (2 shells, pipe cleaners, purple paint and paintbrush)
How to make it:
- Cut out your fin using a poster board pattern first (in case you make mistake. You can use the measurements above but keep in mind the bottom of the fin is curved.)
- With right sides together sew (or hot glue) around the edge of the fish tail. Leave the top open
- Hot glue the two bottom fins on.
- Fold in the top of the fish tail to create a 1 inch fold inside. Sew or hot glue that fold.
- CLICK HERE to make the Ariel bikini top.
- P.S. We hand sewed a mini Sebastian and Flounder with felt to go with our Little Mermaid theme! =)
Cupcakes and Lace offers unique and original Sewing, 18” Doll & Craft Kits, Patch Kits, Sewing, Crafting, Doll Workshops, Badge Workshops for Girl Scouts and Birthday and Special Event Parties.