DIY AG Doll Craft: Disney Little Mermaid Ariel Fin American Girl Doll Outfit Part 1
At one of our recent American Girl Doll camps in Chantilly, VA we had a fun week celebrating all things Disney…for our 18” dolls.
What you will need:
- about a quarter yard of green fabric-we found this amazing fin looking fabric at JoAnn Fabrics but any green will work (You will need two pieces that measure about 16 inches long by 7 inches wide and two leaf shaped pieces about 5 inches long for the bottom of the fins)
- sewing machine, needle/thread or hot glue gun with adult help
- fabric scissors
- FOR THE SHELL BIKINI TUTORIAL CLICK HERE (2 shells, pipe cleaners, purple paint and paintbrush)
How to make it:
- Cut out your fin using a poster board pattern first (in case you make mistake. You can use the measurements above but keep in mind the bottom of the fin is curved.)
- With right sides together sew (or hot glue) around the edge of the fish tail. Leave the top open
- Hot glue the two bottom fins on.
- Fold in the top of the fish tail to create a 1 inch fold inside. Sew or hot glue that fold.
- CLICK HERE to make the Ariel bikini top.
- P.S. We hand sewed a mini Sebastian and Flounder with felt to go with our Little Mermaid theme! =)