DIY American Girl Doll Bathtub Craft
Does your American Girl doll need a little relaxation? Craft her an awesome bath tub!
- silver baking tray (we found ours from Dollar Tree)
- gems/stones (from Michaels in a big tub)
- assorted craft materials for the bath accessories: craft foam, Crayola model magic, mini plastic baggies, sponges, washcloths, mini clear containers/bottles etc.
- scissors, tacky glue, markers etc.
- We gave the girls individual cups of the gems and stones so they all had their own. They used them to embellish the tub on the edges! Use tacky glue (or hot glue with adult help.)
- We found these craft foam shapes for a bath mat and the girls loved to glue those on the bottom. You can always use stickers too.
- After we decorated the tub we gave the girls assorted trays of materials. Then we discussed some ideas of what we could make with our imaginations and the given materials. They all had great ideas! We gave them mini clear containers like clear salt/pepper shakers and shot glass sized cups (go to Dollar Tree/WalMart/Craft store to find tons of mini materials you can use for doll sized shampoo/lotion containers). Also we found a big sponge for $1 from Dollar Tree and cut it into smaller spongers. We did the same thing with a washcloth from Dollar Tree!
- Let the girls use their own imagination to create awesome mini things for their bath tub!
Cupcakes and Lace offers unique and original Sewing, 18” Doll & Craft Kits, Patch Kits, Sewing, Crafting, Doll Workshops, Badge Workshops for Girl Scouts, Adult Sip & Sew Classes, and Birthday and Special Event Parties.