DIY Girls Gemstone Bottlecap Bracelet: Girl Scout Jeweler Junior Badge Activity
Then this is the perfect craft for you! With just a few supplies you can make these dazzling cut gemstone bracelets. Hey, you could even turn these into necklaces with longer string! Check out the directions below to make one for yourself.
What you will need:
- a few pieces of cut gemstones (or you can use craft jewels/gems). We found a big bag of these mosaic looking cut “gems” at Michaels in the section of the store with all the stones/gems/mosaic/tiles. Anything you find that is similar will do!
- about 8 inches per girl of jewelry cord/string (we like the thin stretchy elastic cord….found in a pack like this at Dollar Tree, WalMart or any craft store)
- pony beads in any color found at craft store or WalMart and sometimes DollarTree sells them (we used metallic silver)
- bottlecap with pre-drilled holes (found at craft store)
- small metal springs optional (these make really cool alternatives to beads-can be found at Home Depot or Lowes in an an assorted pack)
- Hot glue gun with adult help or tacky glue
How to Make It:
- Start by cutting your elastic string about 8 inches long (depending on the childs wrist size). You do want to leave a little extra to be able to tie it when you are all done.
- Next with an adults help pick out 1-3 gemstones to glue on top of your bottlecap. You can use tacky glue but will just need to wait 30-60 minutes for it to dry.
- Use your imagination and design a neat pattern on your string with the beads and metal springs!
- Tie a knot in the end after measuring the size on your wrist. Yay! Now you have beautfiul new bling to wear on your wrist.