DIY Mini Fairy Garden Kids Crafting Art Project
In one of our recent summer camps we taught our students how to make a miniature Fairy Garden Village! See below for some ideas on how to make your own!
You can purchase most of these supplies at Dollar Tree and Michaels. Dollar Tree has assorted moss, sand, rocks, shells etc. So this project is very inexpensive!
Fairy Garden Supplies:
- one big cardboard box (we got pepper boxes for free from Costco)
- duct tape
- paint and brushes
- scissors/markers/tacky glue etc.
- assorted moss
- mini clothespins and yarn (make a mini clothing line!)
- mini wooden pieces
- assorted sizes/colors rocks
- assorted recycled materials (oatmeal boxes, shampoo boxes, thread spools, bottle caps, cosmetic boxes, cans, mint tints, toilet paper rolls etc.)
- paper bowls and plates
- clothespins, pipe cleaners, yarn, fabric scraps (FOR THE FAIRIES)
Tips and Tricks:
- To make this project you really need lots of assorted supplies and a big imagination!
- First we gave the girls a dixie cup full of tacky glue and a paintbrush. They used this glue cup to first brush the glue onto the bottom of the box.
- Then they use the moss, rocks, sand, shells etc. to create the “ground” for their fairy garden. Make little path ways, bushes and more.
- Use the recycled materials and duct tape/paint/markers/paper/stickers to make little house, hotels, banks, restaurants and more for your fairies.
- We made toadstool house with a paper bowl (paint it!) and then boxes and duct tape for the base of the house.
- To make the fairies we used the circular clothespins, fabric scraps, pipe cleaners and yarn.
Cupcakes and Lace offers unique and original Sewing, 18” Doll & Craft Kits, Patch Kits, Sewing, Crafting, Doll Workshops, Badge Workshops for Girl Scouts, Adult Sip & Sew Classes, and Birthday and Special Event Parties.