American Girl Doll Craft Tutorial: Star Wars Princess Leia Hair Buns
In one of our summer camps this past summer we had a Star Wars themed American Girl Doll crafting day! Want to make mini Princess Leia hair buns for your doll too? Check out the instructions below!
- thick brown yarn roughly about 8-10 inches long (we found this colored yarn at JoAnn Fabrics that was the closest color to her hair)
- hot glue gun (with adult help!)
- 4 inch brown felt circle (you can just buy the felt squares and cut it into the circle or give the girls a pattern to trace)
- 2 bobby pins (can get a pack of these at Dollar Tree for $1!)
Lets Make It!
- Cut two circles out of the felt into about 4 inches in diameter.
- Cut the yarn about 8-10 inches. (this measurement will depend on the thickness of your yarn)
- Poke the bobby pin through the circle (you may need adult help for this). Try to poke it through twice so the bobby pin is more secure.
- With adult help hot glue the yarn on the felt-into a spiral shape. Make sure to glue the yarn on the side where the bobby pin is not poking out!
- Now you can clip these to your dolls hair! Enjoy!
Cupcakes and Lace offers unique and original Sewing, 18” Doll & Craft Kits, Patch Kits, Sewing, Crafting, Doll Workshops, Badge Workshops for Girl Scouts, Adult Sip & Sew Classes, and Birthday and Special Event Parties.