Groovy Pet Rock Craft Project: Great Girl Scout Craft and Journey/Badge Idea!
These groovy pet rocks are an awesome craft to do with your Girl Scout troop to work towards a retro inspired badge (Playing the Past Junior badge is just one idea), or at your daughters next birthday party!
We also have a video tutorial to learn how to make these. Or check out the instructions below.
- rocks! (find them outside or buy a bag for $1 from Dollar Tree)
- googley eyes
- fabric scraps
- yarn scraps
- mini bows
- tacky glue
- clear condiment cup (this is a bed!)
- Start by cutting out a few small pieces of scrap fabric and a few short strands of yarn.
- Glue on your googley eyes. Make it a cyclops with one eye, or make in an alien with tons of eyes! Or keep it at two eyes!
- Glue on your hair (yarn!) and embellish with bows.
- Use one piece of fabric for a blankie inside the clear cup.
- Use the other piece to wrap around your rock and place inside the bed. You are all done. So cute!
Cupcakes and Lace offers unique and original Sewing, 18” Doll & Craft Kits, Patch Kits, Sewing, Crafting, Doll Workshops, Badge Workshops for Girl Scouts, Adult Sip & Sew Classes, and Birthday and Special Event Parties.