Girls Neon Jewelry Craft Idea! Great For Girl Scout Jeweler Junior Badge!
At one of our recent Girl Scout badge workshops in Chantilly, Virginia we taught the girls how to earn their Jeweler badge!
We made tons of fun accessories and even a really cool animal figurine jewelry holder (Check out the tutorial right here to make one!). The girls favorite project was this awesome neon necklace. Try making one for yourself!
Neon Wooden Bead Necklace Supplies:
- 4 neon colors of acrylic paint
- wooden beads (you can find these at a craft store)
- blue painters tape
- string (we used silver metal necklace chain from the craft store)
- Take your painters tape and a wooden bead and cover half of the bead with tape. Repeat with all the beads you want to use. We then used a paper plate to lay the beads out to dry. They were able to stand upright with the tape being on the end!
- Start painting!
- Once you have finished painting all the beads let them dry. Once they are dry peel off the painters tape.
- Start stringing them and create your awesome pattern!
Cupcakes and Lace offers unique and original Sewing and Craft Kits, Patch Kits, Sewing, Crafting, Doll Workshops, Badge Workshops for Girl Scouts and Birthday and Special Event Parties.