Homemade Play Dough Recipe: Home Scientist Girl Scout Brownie Badge Idea
We recently tried out our own Play Dough recipe and it was so fun! This activity would be great if you are a Brownie Girl Scout troop working towards your Home Scientist badge, great birthday party fun or a snowy day project with the kiddos.
Note that we did ours per bowl/per color in the ingredients below. So we did separate colors and mixed/measured everything separately.
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons oil (many need a little more as needed)
- food coloring (we used Wilton gel food coloring and would suggest that the liquid kind would be way easier to mix!)
- plastic containers to store (we got a 4 pack for $1 from Dollar Tree!)
How to Make:
- If you are using the gel food coloring we would suggest mixing a little water with the food coloring in separate bowls first.
- Start by mixing all the ingredients together in separate bowls.
- Using your hands mix all the ingredients together until it has a Play Dough consistence and it won’t fall apart. This process does take some time and all the salt needs to be mixed together for the most part. The kids would love this step as they get to use their hands! Keep adding oil as needed. Just add a small amount first, mix and then a little more if needed.
- Put each color into a separate containers to store. Enjoy!
Cupcakes and Lace offers unique and original Sewing, 18” Doll & Craft Kits, Patch Kits, Sewing, Crafting, Doll Workshops, Badge Workshops for Girl Scouts, Adult Sip & Sew Classes, and Birthday and Special Event Parties.