How to Make a Valentine’s Mailbox For Your 18” American Girl Doll!
At one of our recent 18” doll accessory classes in Chantilly, Virginia we taught the girls how to craft mini mailbox for their doll!
Check out the instructions below to make one for your own 18” doll or teddy bear! We also crafted mini Valentines cards to go into the oh so adorable mailboxes.
- tacky glue (hot glue with adult help)
- duck tape
- small box filled with pasta, beans etc. (we used a new macaroni box as the weight is good to keep the mailbox standing up right)
- mailbox top (we bought these from OrientalTrading.com-also Target carries them at the $1 spot during the Valentines season)
- stickers/gems for decorating mailbox
- paper scraps, stickers and markers/crayons for the mini Valentines
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Start by duck taping your back to cover up any wording!
- With adult help (or just use tacky glue) use hot glue gun to glue the mailbox top to the mailbox stand (your duck tape box).
- Use your creativity and decorate the mailbox with stickers and craft gems!
- Make mini Valentines for your dolls and her friends! Store them in your new mailbox.