Craft Your Own Homemade Lip Gloss (with cute edible gold hearts!)
Looking for a fun craft to make for your daughters Spa themed birthday party?
Try making this homemade pink glitter hearts lipgloss! This is a great party craft idea, Girl Scout troop activity, summer camp craft or for bridal shower party favors. The best part about this activity is that it only take a few supplies.
Cupcakes and Lace Lip Gloss Ingredients:
- petroleum jelly
- small clear containers (we got these awesome hearts from Hobby Lobby for 99 cents each)
- Wilton brand edible pink shimmer icing powder (this is primarily used for cakes/icing decorating but it is great! Found at Joanns or craft store in cake decorating section in a small tube.)
- Wilton brand edible gold candy decorating hearts
- pixie sticks (this are optional and can take the place of the Wilton shimmer/gold powders
- microwave safe bowl
- Using a microwave safe bowl put petroleum jelly in the bowl and microwave in 3o second increments. Depending on the microwave you may only need 3o seconds TOTAL. You just want it SLIGHLY softer than when you found it in the container.
- Mix a little bit of the shimmer powder into the jelly and keep mixing until you reach the desired color!
- Spoon the lip gloss into a small container.
- Sprinkle a few flakes of gold hearts onto the top. Decorate the container with ribbons or stickers and pop it on your lips for a magical gloss!
Cupcakes and Lace offers unique and original Sewing and Craft Kits, Patch Kits, Sewing, Crafting, Doll Workshops, Badge Workshops for Girl Scouts and Birthday and Special Event Parties.