Kids Christmas Craft: DIY Miniature Christmas Doll
You just need some small fabric scraps (or Christmas colored paper if you rather!) and some other supplies to complete this little doll. Check out the tutorial below to make one for yourself.
- couple assorted fabric scraps (just small little pieces!)
- assorted ribbons, trimmings and/or tiny bows (can be found at WalMart, fabric store or craft store)
- tacky glue (or hot glue with adult help)
- 2 small googley eyes
- yarn for hair (or use markers to color it)
- one small 2-3 inch peg doll (these are sold in wood section of the craft store)
- Start by figuring out what kind of clothing design you would like to do for your doll! Hint: You can use the doll to measure on the back side (white faded side) of the fabric if you want the exact body size of the doll. Then once you trace you can cut it out on the line. We wrapped one piece around the body then glued it. Then made a small cape but cutting a skinny rectangle out of the fabric and glueing it in the front to create a cape.
- Once you glue on your outfit start to embellish! Use bows and ribbons!
- Create the head and face. Cut and glue yarn for hair. Glue googley eyes and draw on a smile.
- let it dry for an hour or so and then you can play with your new Christmas doll!