Craft Your Own American Girl Doll Bedroom Vanity
In one of our recent American Girl Doll Crafting classes here in Northern Virginia we used recycled boxes and turned them into bedroom vanity sets for our dolls!
- Recycled detergent box to similar box that has a back to it and an opening in the front (we got ours from Costco)
- spray paint (with adult help) OR use duck tape! or use washable paint to paint a few coats of a dark color
- stickers, gems, paper cut outs for decoration
- small mirror (we found these metal frames that look like mirrors from Michaels and then used foil to create the inner part of the mirror)
- glue gun or duck tape for attaching the mirror to the vanity (with adult help)
- scissors, tacky glue, markers etc.
Lets Make It!
- If you want to go the spray paint route adults can pre-spray paint the mirrors and the boxes ahead of time. If you don’t want to spray paint buy a few rolls of duck tape and help the girls cover the boxes.
- Cut out some foil and hot glue it to the back of the mirror. Or use thick tape to attach the foil.
- Using a hot glue gun or duck tape attach the mirror to the back of the vanity.
- Now the fun part! Decorating! Give the girls several trays of assorted craft materials. We found letter stickers (they loved these!), assorted stickers, printed pictures from clip art we created that have a makeup or beauty theme, craft gems and assorted washable paints to embellish.
- BONUS: If you have time and assorted materials you can create little beauty products using craft foam, paper, recycled bottle caps, cotton balls etc.
Cupcakes and Lace offers unique and original Sewing, 18” Doll & Craft Kits, Patch Kits, Sewing, Crafting, Doll Workshops, Badge Workshops for Girl Scouts, Adult Sip & Sew Classes, and Birthday and Special Event Parties.