Make Your Own Spatacular Sugar Scrub!
At one of our recent Girl Scout badge workshops in Northern Virginia, the girls had a fun day of all things spa!
The SPAtacular Me try-it workshop was a fun filled class where the girls learned about relaxation with deep breathing and music, made homemade spa products, and decorated sleepy eye masks!
One of the spa products the girls learned how to make was sugar scrub. Sugar scrub is super easy to make, smells great and is a great skin moisturizer! Follow the recipe below to make some of your own.
Cupcakes and Lace Sugar Scrub Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil (you can really use any oil such as canola, olive, grape-seed etc.)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (OR 1 teaspoon lemon extract for a lemon scent)
- big mixing bowl
- plastic container (we used cute teddy bear plastic jars purchased at AC Moore…they also have other shapes! JoAnn fabrics and Michaels may also have plastic bottles similar)
- Mix the sugar, oil and vanilla together in a big bowl.
- Fill containers with the sugar scrub mixture.
- Use ribbons, stickers, tags etc. and decorate your containers
- ENJOY! Sugar scrub makes a great gift!