DIY Doll Tutorial- 18” Doll Princess Party Hat!
We offer these crafting birthday parties in the Northern Virginia area as well as the Westfield/Scotch Plains New Jersey areas.
Hey! If you don’t live near those areas your still in luck! Below we have a DIY tutorial for making these cute doll party hats!
You will need:
- One piece of cardstock paper
- 11 inch long piece of thin elastic (or you can always use string or pipe cleaner…but elastic will work the best!)
- hole punch
- pen or pencil
- small piece of tulle fabric (optional…you can always make it without the tulle!)
- decorating supplies: gems, buttons, sticks, pom-poms…whatever you want to use to decorate!)
- tacky glue or strong tape or hot glue (for faster results)
- Using your pen, ruler and cardstock paper-draw out the dimensions just like the photo below. Dimensions are 5 3/4 inches tall by 10 1/2 inches long. Cut out your party hat.
- Next glue on the tulle fabric to the center of the hat-on the STRAIGHT edged side. We used a glue gun for faster results. You can always use thick tape or tacky glue.
- Fold your cardstock paper to create a cone shape. Glue or tape on the side. Hole punch two opposite sides of the hat. Tie the elastic on the two sides.
- Decorate your hat!!!