Fun DIY Tutorial- Kids Fizzing Science Experiment-Great Girl Scout Science Badge Idea!
Here at Cupcakes and Lace we LOVE anything fun, colorful and especially for kids! This fizzing science experiment we discovered through a couple of different Pinterest finds. We then decided to put our own spin on it!
We had the girls do this experiment for a recent Harry Potter Wizard Science class! We gave them Harry Potter eyeglasses and had them pretend this was a “Potions” class…they loved it of course! Check out their reactions…and these are REAL candid reactions too!
- Dixie size cups-we found cool light blue clear Dixie cups at Target
- White vinegar
- dish soap
- baking soda
- food coloring (optional-BUT it always comes out cooler with color!)
- baking sheet/pan suggested (makes for an easier clean up!)
- Have the kids pour each Dixie cup half full with white vinegar. We gave each girl two cups so they could have two different colors!
- Add a few drops of dish soap and stir.
- Add food coloring.
- Pour a big spoonful of baking soda.
- Get ready for an awesome fizzing volcano explosion of color!
P.S. This is a great idea for any Girl Scout science badges, or a Harry Potter/Wizard themed party!
Cupcakes and Lace offers unique and original Sewing and Craft Kits, Patch Kits, Sewing, Crafting, Doll Workshops, Badge Workshops for Girl Scouts and Birthday and Special Event Parties.