Fun DIY Tutorial- Kids Fizzing Science Experiment-Great Girl Scout Science Badge Idea!
Here at Cupcakes and Lace we LOVE anything fun, colorful and especially for kids! This fizzing science experiment we discovered through a couple of different Pinterest finds. We then decided to put our own spin on it!
We had the girls do this experiment for a recent Harry Potter Wizard Science class! We gave them Harry Potter eyeglasses and had them pretend this was a “Potions” class…they loved it of course! Check out their reactions…and these are REAL candid reactions too!
- Dixie size cups-we found cool light blue clear Dixie cups at Target
- White vinegar
- dish soap
- baking soda
- food coloring (optional-BUT it always comes out cooler with color!)
- baking sheet/pan suggested (makes for an easier clean up!)
- Have the kids pour each Dixie cup half full with white vinegar. We gave each girl two cups so they could have two different colors!
- Add a few drops of dish soap and stir.
- Add food coloring.
- Pour a big spoonful of baking soda.
- Get ready for an awesome fizzing volcano explosion of color!