Rainbow Pancake Kids Cooking Recipe: Simple Meals Junior Girl Scout Badge Idea
- box of pancake mix
- food coloring (we love the Wilton gel food coloring! Can get at WalMart, JoAnn Fabrics, or craft store)
- tons of bowls
- griddle or frying pan on stove
- tons of plates
- measuring cups
- Mix the pancakes in a big bowl according to the directions on the back of the pancake box.
- Separate the mix evenly into little bowls.
- Add food coloring with all the colors of the rainbow! Stir!
- Spray griddle with cooking spray and turn on.
- Using a small ladle or measuring cup pour a small amount of pancake mix on the griddle. We did one color at a time and placed them on a plate. The girls were rising 4th graders and were able to do it for the most part themselves with close watch. The griddle is a great alternative to the stove top. You can fit more on there at one time.
- Stack them to create your rainbow. Add your syrup and enjoy!