AMERICAN GIRL DOLL CRAFT! How to Make A Mini Hippie Purse For Your 18” American Girl Doll
Here at Cupcakes and Lace we are always inspired by things from the past…especially the 1970’s!
We have a very fun 18” American Girl doll craft for you below. Learn how to make a mini hippie purse (perfect for the Julie doll) made from old jeans! This is a great eco friendly recycled craft.
- Small piece of denim fabric for main part of purse (We cut up old jeans from the thrift store…you will need a piece measuring about 6” by 5”).
- tiny piece of fabric for the pocket
- ribbon for the strap
- handful of pony beads
- hot glue with adult help (or you can sew the strap on instead!)
How to make it:
- Cut out a piece of denim fabric measuring approximately 6 inches by 5 inches.
- Cut a tiny piece of fabric for the pocket.
- Cut the strap out approximately 7 inches long.
- Cut/fringe small thin snips of fabric at the bottom of the purse (cut only one SHORT side). Make sure to cut them long enough to be able to string a few beads on it. You can also take your scissors and create a triangle shape at the bottom of each fringe. This will make it easier to string the beads on (and prevent them from falling off when you are done).
- String the beads on.
- Decorate! You can use craft gems, sequins, buttons or fabric markers to embellish the purse.
Cupcakes and Lace offers unique and original Sewing and Craft Kits, Patch Kits, Sewing, Crafting, Doll Workshops, Badge Workshops for Girl Scouts and Birthday and Special Event Parties.