AMERICAN GIRL DOLL CRAFT! How to Make A Mini Hippie Purse For Your 18” American Girl Doll
We have a very fun 18” American Girl doll craft for you below. Learn how to make a mini hippie purse (perfect for the Julie doll) made from old jeans! This is a great eco friendly recycled craft.
- Small piece of denim fabric for main part of purse (We cut up old jeans from the thrift store…you will need a piece measuring about 6” by 5”).
- tiny piece of fabric for the pocket
- ribbon for the strap
- handful of pony beads
- hot glue with adult help (or you can sew the strap on instead!)
How to make it:
- Cut out a piece of denim fabric measuring approximately 6 inches by 5 inches.
- Cut a tiny piece of fabric for the pocket.
- Cut the strap out approximately 7 inches long.
- Cut/fringe small thin snips of fabric at the bottom of the purse (cut only one SHORT side). Make sure to cut them long enough to be able to string a few beads on it. You can also take your scissors and create a triangle shape at the bottom of each fringe. This will make it easier to string the beads on (and prevent them from falling off when you are done).
- String the beads on.
- Decorate! You can use craft gems, sequins, buttons or fabric markers to embellish the purse.