Sew Your Own Snowman Stuffed Animal
In one of our recent after school sewing classes we taught the girls how to make mini snowmen stuffed animals!
If you know how to hand sew or machine sew (or have a Grandma, mother, or teacher who can help show you! ) then this is a fun project for you!
Cupcakes and Lace Snowman Stuffed Animal Materials:
- needle and thread
- 2 pieces of white fleece or felt (cut about 8 inches long by 6 inches wide)
- any color fleece cut about 12.5 inches long by 5 inches long (this is for the snowman hat)
- any color fleece cut about 2 inches wide by 12 inches long (this is for the snowman scarf)
- stuffed animal/pillow stuffing (poly fiber fill)
- dried beans (for bottom of snowman so he stands up!)
- googley eyes, yarn, buttons, craft foam, pom poms etc. (anything you want to use for decorating!)
- To make the hat and scarf: Fold hat fabric in half (hamburger style). Sew the side opposite of the fold. Next use scissors to fringe, just one side of the hat about .5 inches apart from each other. Use yarn or a strip of fleece to tie just under the fringed part of the hat. Fold up the bottom of the hat once. Your done with the hat! Now fringe the two short ends of the scarf like you did with the hat!
- To make the snowman: Sew three sides of the snowman leaving one short end completely open. Turn it right side out. Put some dried beans on the bottom. Next fill the bottom of snowman with pillow stuffing and tie with yarn or strip of fleece. Now its time to fill up the snowman’s head with stuffing. Next sew the top of the snowman closed.
- Put the snowman’s hat and scarf on!
- Now its time to decorate! Create a face, buttons and more. Use your creativity to make the cutest snowman ever!