Make Your Own 18” Doll/Teddy Bear Candy Cane Sled! DIY Doll Tutorial Craft
At one of our recent 18” doll accessory crafting classes in Chantilly, Virginia we showed the girls how to craft the coolest sleds!
These sleds only take a few supplies and are the perfect craft for the holiday season. See below to make one for your own doll.
Cupcakes and Lace 18” Doll Sled Supplies:
- big box (we got ours from Costco-grape/pepper/strawberry crate boxes)
- duck tape
- 2 big plastic candy canes (you can find these at Dollar Tree)
- spray paint, stickers, decoupage glue and pictures (optional!)
- string or twine
Cupcakes and Lace 18″Doll Sled Directions:
- If you want to go the spray paint route (with adult help) spray paint the boxes outside first. We used navy blue and then sliver glitter!
- Duck tape the two candy canes to the bottom of the box using duct tape. You will need about 6-7 short strips of tape at first. Then you will need two long strips to tape over those small strips on the side of the candy canes. (Check out the picture!)
- Decorate! Use festive stickers, craft gems, pom poms or whatever you have lying around the house! We also decoupaged (tacky glue mixed with a few drops of water to create a paste) winter pictures on the box.
- Add the string to the front of the box so you can pull your doll around! If you box doesn’t already have two holes in the front (with adult help) use a screwdriver to poke holes.
- Have a blast pulling your doll around in her new candy cane sled!
Cupcakes and Lace offers unique and original Sewing and Craft Kits, Patch Kits, Sewing, Crafting, Doll Workshops, Badge Workshops for Girl Scouts and Birthday and Special Event Parties.
Topics: #badgeideas, 18 inch american girl doll, 18 inch dolls, 18'', 18'' doll accessory workshop northern virginia, 18'' doll christmas tree, 18'' doll clothes, 18'' doll disney princess clothes, 18'' doll diy crafts, 18'' dolls, 18″doll crafting workshops, 2013, 2014, accessories, ag, ag doll, american girl doll, american girl doll craft ideas, american girl doll disney, badge, badge ideas, badge kits, badges, birthday party, birthdays, blog, blogger, buy, c&L, camps, chantilly, children, chrismas crafts, christmas, christmas 2013, christmas gift ideas, christmastree, clothes, crafster, craft, craft blog, craft blogger, craft kits, craft kits for girls, craft kits for kids, crafting, crafting for young girls, crafting gifts for kids, crafting kit, crafting kits for kids, crafts for kids, crafty, Cupcakes and Lace, cupcakes and lace llc, dc, disney, DIY, doll, doll christmas crafts, doll clothes, doll clothes for sale, doll diares, doll diaries, doll kits, dollar tree, dollar tree crafts, dolls, dolls and sewing, dolly, dolly and me, dresses, duct tape, Etsy, fairfax county, fashion, fun patches, gift, gifts, girl scout craft ideas, girl scout patches, girl scout projects, girl scouts, girls, girls craft kits, girly, gowns, grandma, grandmas doll clotehs, grandmas doll clothes, gs, GS badges, GSCNC, GSHNJ, handmade, idea, kiddos, kids, kids blog, kids christmas crafts, kids crafting gifts, kids crafts, kits, leader resource, lessons, llc, loudoun county, make your own, maryland, mini, mini magic, mom and daughter crafts, mommy blogger, nj, northern virginia girl scout workshops, northern virginia kids crafting class, nova, online, ornaments, paper doll kit, parties, party ideas, patch, patch kits, patches, princess, scotch plains, scout activities, scout kits, scouting patch kits, scouts, sew, sew cute, sew kits, sewing, sewing blog, sewing ideas for kids, sewing kit gifts, sewing kits, sewing kits for kids, sewing lessons, sewing studio, stuffed animal, summer camps, teacher, teacher resource, teddy bear, Teddy Bear Picnic craft kit, tree, troop, union county, va, westfield, winter, workshop
Categories: 18'' Doll Accessory Workshops, Crafting, Devon's Workshops, Dolls, Recycled Crafting, Teddy Bear Crafting
Posted December 25th, 2013 by Sarah