Make Your Own Mini Christmas Tree-For Your AG 18” Doll!
Christmas is right around the corner… and your American Girl 18” doll needs her own mini Christmas tree to decorate and put presents under!
We made the cutest trees complete with decorations and presents at one of our recent 18” doll crafting workshops in Chantilly, Virginia. See below for directions on how to make one for your own doll!
DIY Mini Doll Christmas Tree Supplies:
- about 1 foot long artificial green garland (at craft store or WalMart it is usually sold in 9 feet sections for about $3-$6)
- about 1 inch thick small Styrofoam circles/disks (we found ours at Dollar Tree in a pack of 2 for $1)
- wire cutters (you can buy these lots of places but Dollar Tree sells them for $1!)
- hot glue gun or tacky glue
- decorations….mini ornaments, ribbons, string, bows, mini candy canes etc.! (you can get a big tube of mini ornaments at Target dollar spot for $1 or find ornaments at WalMart and Dollar Tree)
- tree skirt (optional! you can make your own with felt square or cardstock paper!)
- Use wire cutters to cut garland about 1 foot tall.
- Use hot glue or tacky glue to glue one end of the tree into the Styrofoam disk.
- Cut your tree skirt by making one slit on one side and slip it around the bottom of the tree. (optional)
- Use your imagination to decorate and trim your tree!